Ivey competed in a HK$250,000 (US$32,000) NL Hold’em Short Deck tournament at the 2018 Triton Super High Roller Series Montenegro. The 41-year-old topped a field of 61 players to win a first-place prize worth HK$4,749,200 (US$604,992).
Ivey, who’s played live tournaments sparingly since 2013, said that he looks forward to playing more in the future.
“It still feels good, I am looking forward to the events with bigger prize pools and hope to win some more,” said Ivey.
Thanks to Ivey’s latest win, he’s now up to $24,461,025 in live tournament winnings. This places him 7th on the all-time live tournament list.
What is the 2018 Triton Super High Roller Series?
The Triton Super High Roller Series is a high stakes tournament created by PartyPoker LIVE. They’re currently holding an event at the Maestral Resort & Casino in Budva, Montenegro.
And one of the most-interesting tournaments here is the Short Deck Ante Only event, which removes 2 through 5 from the deck. This leaves just 36 total cards, with ace counting as a 5 as well.
Ivey had no trouble adjusting to this new event and played very well on the final table to grab his top payout. He beat fellow high stakes pro Dan Cates heads up to seal his tournament win. You can see the full results below.
2018 Triton Super High Roller Series Montenegro HK$250k Short Deck Final Table
1. Phil Ivey (USA) HK$4,749,200 ($604,977)
2. Dan Cates (USA) HK$3,199,000 ($407,505)
3. Gabe Patgorski (USA) HK$1,937,000 ($246,745)
4. Jason Koon (USA) HK$1,334,000 ($169,932)
5. Furkat Rakhimov (RUS) HK$918,000 ($116,939)
6. Ivan Leow (MLY) HK$689,000 ($87,768)
7. Alan Sass (USA) HK$560,000 ($71,336)
8. Wai Kin Yong (MLY) HK$488,000 ($62,164)
9. Mikhail Smirnov (RUS) HK$473,000 ($60,253)