Poker Central released a trailer for the show, which will debut on September 5.
Poker’s Daniel Negreanu, Sam Abernathy, Antonio Esfandiari, Jeff Gross, and Brian Rast headline this prop-betting extravaganza. And Joe “ChicagoJoey” Ingram will be hosting the episodes.
The premise of the show is simple: these poker pros will make prop bets with each other on skillful and daring feats. Here are some highlights of the preview:
- Esfandiari and Gross learn how to pole dance, then compete against each other to see who performs the best.
- Gross and Rast face off to see who can race 7 laps better.
- Negreanu and Abernathy have a trapeze artist showdown.
- Abernathy and Esfandiari have a golf driving range challenge.
- Esfandiari and Gross see who’s the best street performer.
Poker whos aren’t as common these days. So it’s interesting that PokerGO has blended the world of poker players and prop betting to make a generally appealing show.
Major Wager is Similar to I Bet You
This isn’t Esfandiari’s first experience with a prop betting show. He also starred in the MOJO HD program I Bet You alongside Phil Laak.
The premise was similar to Major Wager because Laak and Esfandiari went to different Vegas hot spots to make bets with each other. It’s a wonder if Major Wager was inspired by I Bet You.
Follows Heels of Poker After Dark Release
This is interesting timing by PokerGO, considering that Poker After Dark was just rebooted. As we covered before, the show got off to a hot start when Tom Dwan won a $700,000 pot against Estandiari not long ago.
Obviously nobody expects poker to take over TV and online networks. But it’s nice to see good shows like Poker After Dark and Major Wager coming out.